Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Free Write- The Interview (Movie)

Recently I watched the movie called The Interview. It is a 2014 action-comedy film. It stars Seth Rogen and James Franco (both as journalists) instructed to assassinate North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un. It is a hilarious and entertaining movie. However, the makers of the movie were threatened an attack on people who go and watch it. They even wrote a note and one thing stated was, "The world will be full of fear." It has been said that the threats were coming from North Korea. The storyline seems to obviously be a very sensitive subject to North Korea, and I see that. However, them threatening us in that way is a very scary thing, and we are to hope nothing happens.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allyson,
    I'm wondering whether you think the movie shouldn't have been made since it is making fun of a current world leader, what do you think about movie theaters' decisions not to show the movie because of the threat, and whether you think the movie would have been as successful or interesting without the threat?

    ReplyDelete