Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Free Write- My Decision towards College

Ever since elementary school, I always knew and dreamed of going off to college.  I didn't know exactly where, but I knew that's where I was going to go.  It was also not an option with my parents.  I HAD to go to college.  I had that push that not many kids got from their parents, and I'm happy I got that.  When it came to going into high school, that is where I had to really buckle down and get my stuff together.  High school is the place where colleges will determine whether or not you're eligible to go there.  I still had no idea where I wanted to go.  All I knew in my head was that I had to go to either a CSU or a UC.  When it came to senior year, It was finally time to start applying.  I applied to many CSUs and UCs.  Thankfully I got accepted to the majority of them.  It was super exciting to be getting college acceptance letters in the mail.  It truly is a good feeling to know that a school you applied for actually wants you.  At least that is what I thought.  I honestly did not have that much confidence in myself.  I was preparing for the worst.  Thank goodness everything pulled through and I had a good amount of choices.  Today, I attend Sac State and I am very happy with my choice!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's great that you got accepted to a majority of the schools that you applied to! I'm happy that everything worked out for you in the end! It's always important to be content with your decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, you are lucky. I only had two choices, but I love my decision with Sac State. I have met great people here and I wish I could have seen my decision this way before I got here. I wasn't happy at all when I first got here, but I love it now and that's what you have to do. You have to find the right people and get involved in the right way.

    ReplyDelete